How to Use them
It is better to Consult a qualified aromatherapist for the use of essential oils.
• Read the instructions. Please take the time to carefully read the instructions that come with the blend. It shouldn’t be used without a carrier oil and will need to be diluted before use. Pure essential oils are very strong and rather harsh on the skin, so make sure that you do not accidentally use them directly on your skin.
You can’t use essential oils before sunbathing.
• Some essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy or by those with asthma, epilepsy, or with other health conditions.
• Test for allergies. Before you use the blend on your whole body, test to see if you are allergic to the oil. Apply a small bit of oil on your skin, and wait 24 hours to see if any allergies develop. If nothing happens, then feel free to use the blend.
• Use less, not more. Don’t apply too much oil, as this may have an adverse effect; just use as much as is necessary, or instructed. If you can make do with one drop, don’t use two.
• Keep away from children. Think of pre-blends (and indeed, all oils) as medicines that children should not be allowed access to. Aromatherapy oils should not be consumed internally, and this is especially true for blends, as a lot of other ingredients also go into them.
• Essential oils are flammable. Keep them out of the way of fire hazards
• Only for external use.
Add 5 to 7 drops to a bowl of steaming hot water, put a 'towel tent' over the head to capture the steam. Close your eyes and inhale until the water cools or until you stop smelling the oil. Repeat, if necessary, every four or five hours.
• Face and body massage
The most popular or common way that the oils are for is through an Aromatherapy Massage. You have to choose a carrier oil first and add 4-7 drops of the essential oil you wish. For face oil, add 1-3 drops and for body oil, add 2-6 drops, and for a treatment body oil add 5-9 drops. For children, you have to add half quantity.
Excellent for topical application to ease the pain, from strained muscles, menstrual cramps, etc. Add 4 to 7 drops of Essential Oil to a bowl of warm water. Swish the surface of the water with a cloth, wring out, apply to the area, repeat when cloth cools. You may cover the warm cloth with a sheet of plastic and a towel to keep the warmth in longer. This is an excellent method for treating painful menstrual cramps
Add 3 to 9 drops inside a burner, aroma lamp or mist maker.
Add 2 - 5 drops into the warm water and stay for 20 minutes.
Click HERE to go to the products.